I’m not sure about you, but Sundays in our house are either really busy or super relaxed! If Travis is traveling for work the next week we typically spend the day relaxing, being outside, and not doing a whole lot. If he’s in town we try to still get in relaxation, but I also use that day to prep meals for the week, clean the house, finish laundry, etc. Since he’s in town this week I stocked the fridge and we’re ready for quick grab and go lunches and simple dinners that I prepped a lot already to put together and eat rather than spend a ton of time before hand.
Since the fridge is unusually stocked I thought I’d share what all I have going on. I got the idea from an article in the New York Times magazine last week where a photographer showed what some chefs have in their fridge which I thought was pretty interesting. Clearly I’m not a chef, but their fridge’s looked similar to my college fridge, lots of take out and a lot of randomness.
- Leftovers from the night before(not sure what exactly) and on top is frozen chicken breast thawing for dinner. I’ve been buying meat at Costco lately(they sell organic!) and thawing as needed and it’s a huge help rather than going out for only one or two things.
- Cheese and deli meats. I haven’t had turkey and ham in so long, but I really want them in wraps with Laughing Cow cheese and veggies this week for lunch.
- Fruit(bought in bulk, also organic) that I cut up and put in containers for either smoothies, snacks or whatever. If I don’t go ahead and cut it up it will go bad and this way it’s easier to grab.
- Eggs. I got 2 dozen that will be used for all meals. We love some eggs!
- Dates upon dates! Smoothies are sweeter with these little guys, but also when stuffed with peanut or almond butter make such a good snack.
- I bought a shit ton of salad stuff and made a HUGE batch of salad divided in small containers for taking for lunch and a large container for dinners. Spinach is in the mix too, but mostly used for smoothies and wraps.
- produce and WASA crackers kept from getting stale.
- Yogurt and a container of english muffins.
This week will be hectic, but at least I know our meals are ready which is a HUGE load off.
Do you stock your fridge on busy weeks? What is your favorite grab and go meal?